Re: [platform-ui-dev] Javadoc and compiler warnings in the build

Tom

It turns out that there isn't a good way for us to emulate the javadoc
process in the build using javadoc  compiler settings. The build only
checks our API as it done with javadoc generation. The compiler setting
will also check our internal code which has a lot of javadoc
inconsistencies. If we get some time to sort those out we can change the
settings but right now everyone is focussed on 3.3. work.

Tod

"listom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <listom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
20.10.2006 14:44
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list."
<platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list."
<platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject

Tod Creasey schrieb:
> As we (Platform UI) have been having some issues with javadoc errors in
> the builds of late (I have been the main culprit) I would like to crank
up
> any compiler or javadoc setting that breaks the build from
ignore/warning
> to error in our plug-ins.
>
> Currently this will generate no extra work for anyone (I have already
> fixed up our existing issues)  but it will make it a lot easier for us
> always commit good code.
>
> If there is no objection I'll do this tomorrow (the 18th).

What happened? Did anybody speak up against it or did you simply forgot
about it?

Tom