Re: [platform-ui-dev] How to register a default action for a retarget action without a part?

In the current support, retargetable action handlers can only be provided
by parts (views and editors).  I recommend having the action set provide
non-retargetable actions that check to see if the sync view is active, and
delegate appropriately.  There have been times where we've wanted a
retargetable action to provide some default behaviour if there is no
handler (e.g. see bug 77871), but that is not currently supported.  You
could try creating your own subclass of RetargetAction to do this.

We should keep this in mind for the action contributions work.  If you
write up a scenario, I'll add it to the list.

Nick

Jean-Michel Lemieux/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/09/2004 10:46 AM
Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-ui-dev] How to register a default action for a retarget action
without a part?

We are trying to provide keybindings for CVS actions. To do this we need
to add an actionSet and a list of associated commands. The problem we are
having is that when the Synchronize View is active certain actions on the
CVS actionSet need to be replaced with the Synchronize View specific ones.

But if the Synchronize View is not active there are default actions that
should be called instead.

I've tried to create the actionSet with retargetable actions, but I don't
know where/how to register a set of default handlers? Is this even
possible?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel