[platform-ui-dev] UI Guidelines v2.1 Feedback - extended

(sorry, forgot 2 points :-)

Dear Guideline Authors,

I want to thank you for your paper. We had a lot of discussions during our
developement and now we got the answeres.
During reading we found some typos, so let it be my contribution to your
marvellous work.

1)
2 paragraphs above Guideline 1.8
Sentence ends with comma and dot.

2)
First paragraph below Guideline 2.1
Various palettes *are* used in creating Eclipse style icons.

3)
"Icon Size & Placement" fourth icon
text and icon do not match: 16 pixels vs. 15 pixels

4)
First paragraph below Guideline 6.21, third sentence
A container should have a red X if --it-- there are no errors...

5)
same sentence as in 4)
a gray X... what is a *gray* X?

6)
First paragraph below Guideline 6.23, first sentence
A bookmark object can also be used *to* mark a location within a document.

7)
First paragraph below Guideline 6.23, third sentence
The last word should be "Bookmark", not "Task".

8)
Second paragraph below Guideline 7.5
The vew label in the title bar must prefixed with label of the view in
*Window* > Show View menu.

9)
Guideline 7.6
*Window* > Show View

10)
Below Guideline 13.3
a quote (") is typed here

11)
First paragraph below Guideline 17.1
In a view, editor, or other control, every feature--s-- should be
accessible..

12)
"Best Practices", below first picture
After users perform a save operation, use--r-- a more prominent marker..

13)
"Best Practices", section "Context Menu", second paragraph
In the third and fifth sentence there are spare question marks: Third,
?examine the items that are not  sensitive ?to selection..

14)
"Glossary", "Editor", third sentence
There is a spare XML tag: The input is identified using an
<code>IEditorInput</code>.

Again, thanks a lot.

All the best!
      Robert Böhmer

-- happy -- happy -- happy -- really happy -- happy -- happy --  happy --

Robert Böhmer
<WebPortals>
rboehme4@xxxxxxx
Tel.: +49 2208/909 655  od.  +49 221/8029 210

Back to the top