Re: [platform-ui-dev] How can I add an action to an another plug-in's tool bar path?

Dani,

Which action are we talking about?

An action set can add an action to:
1. menus or toolbars defined by the application
2. menus or toolbars defined by the action set itself (each action set has
an implicitly defined toolbar, and can define its own menus with the
<menu> element)
3. the toolbar of some other action set (e.g. JDT UI's Open Type action
gets added to the Search toolbar)

In your example below, the Navigate menu and the history group are defined
by the IDE (case 1).

Action sets can't add to menus, toolbars, or groups defined
programmatically by editors.  However, since action sets can be associated
with workbench parts, you may be able to make use of case 3.  That is,
define the editor's actions as an action set associated with the editor,
then define the JDT UI action to put its action in the editor's action
set's toolbar.

Nick

Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/26/2004 11:26 AM
Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-ui-dev] How can I add an action to an another plug-in's tool bar
path?

Hi,

   org.eclipse.jdt.ui/plugin.xml contributes an action (which is part of
an
   action set) to the main tool bar. I would like to put it into the same
   group as already declared by another plug-in
   (org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor) but this seems not to work via
XML
   and I could not find API which would allow me to add a group to the
main
   tool bar. However, I know that it is possible since two different
   plug-ins contribute to the navigation history tool bar group
   (toolbarPath="org.eclipse.ui.workbench.navigate/history.group").

   Dani