RE: [platform-ui-dev] Platform UI R3.0 icon refresh.

External Tools is actually owned by the Debug team (it used to be owned by
UI).  Might want to treat it that way for the icons, i.e. back out of the
change for M8 for consistency.

Chris McLaren/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/24/2004 01:45 PM
Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
RE: [platform-ui-dev] Platform UI R3.0 icon refresh.

Thanks Ed, I will give your feedback to the design team.

re: the 'running man' blue v. black:
The blue version is a new icon (external tools is part of the UI team),
the
black version is an old icon ('run' is not part of the UI team).

This inconsistency of new v. old will be in the M8 build, but gone by M9.
Its just a timing issue for development of the icons and we wanted to have
some of the new icons out there to get feedback on issues that might
affect
icons across the board.

Chris.

             "Ed Burnette"
             <Ed.Burnette@sas.

             Sent by:
             platform-ui-dev-a         <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             dmin@xxxxxxxxxxx                                           cc

             03/24/2004 01:10
             PM

                                                                   Subject

             Please respond to         RE: [platform-ui-dev] Platform UI
              platform-ui-dev          R3.0 icon refresh.

I just installed I200403240800 which has these new icons. Here's some
feedback.

The left, right, up, down, undo, and redo yellow arrows are a bit thick.
They look more blob-y than arrow-y. I can't tell which way they're
pointing
as easily as the old ones. This is not helped by the lighter border being
used in the new icons.

The new, save, print, import, and export icons are too washed out, and
they
look less native on Windows. I thought they were disabled until I saw the
really disabled versions which are almost invisible.

The new icons for open and closed folders are too washed out. The CVS
decoration is less visible on top of it because the icon is lighter, and
they look less native on Windows.

The collapse-all icon isn't used consistency. Navigator uses the new one
and Package Explorer uses the old one.

Sometimes the running man is black and sometimes he's blue? I don't get
the
distinction.

The pin editor icon is unclear because I can't see the pin.

The icon for plain text files is hard to see in the editor tabs. I think
it's a problem with the border not being a solid black color like the one
for Java and other files. To see this, edit plugin.properties (which uses
nice solid border) and .classpath (which uses the washed out border) and
compare them side by side. The former is much more visible.

Cheers,
--Ed