Re: [platform-ui-dev] Changes in Context Structure

On March 17, 2004 02:39 pm, Jared Burns wrote:
> I don't think I understand the proposal. The "Debugging" context doesn't
> currently have any parent contexts. Are you proposing that we make our
> contexts children of workbench contexts? If so, why? Unless there's
> something to this story that I'm missing, I don't want anyone else blocking
> my contexts from enabling or disabling.

Yes, that is was the proposal.  But really the choice would be up to you.

If the debug context has no parent, it would be active whenever you set it to
be active.  If you are using this context to define key bindings, then this
may have the unintended consequence of making debug key bindings active even
when dialogs are open.

If you define the debug context as a child of the window context, then it
would only be active when a window is active (not when a dialog is open).