-----Original Message-----
From: Chris McLaren [mailto:Chris_McLaren@xxxxxxxxxx]

 2. A third party plugin could contribute a macro system to eclipse which could allow the user to create macros of commands to execute in sequence. I imaging it could a provide a macro construction dialog, using the commands API to query the set of available commands, allowing the user to create, save, delete, etc. macros by name. Not only could the individual commands in a macro make use of parameters, but the macro system itself could define a single command called 'Run Macro' which accepted a 'macro name' as a parameter. The macro system could provide a handler which looks up macros by name, and executes the commands in sequence. The handler might allow no parameters - perhaps it would open a popup of the available macros?

Back to the top