Re: Fw: [platform-ui-dev] Key Binding Problem

On March 8, 2004 04:19 pm, Randy Hudson wrote:
> A) The user can define his own templates (Tools), and needs to be able to
> assign a keybinding for it.  But, commands currently must be defined in
> the plugin.xml file.  This is not possible.  The number and IDs for the
> commands are unknown at development time.  So we need programmatic ways to
> define new commands.

I believe the approach we were going to take was one of parameterized
commands.  Chris can probably comment more.  Chris: perhaps we should bump up
the priority on getting parameterized commands?

> B) The palette has a customizer dialog which allows its contents to be
> modified.  It would make sense to allow the user to remap the keybindings
> in this dialog, and not just in the global workbench preference page.  Any
> thoughts on allowing this?

Do you want the key bindings to be different only in the dialog?  Do you want
to provide a way of changing the global key bindings from this dialog?