Re: Fw: [platform-ui-dev] Key Binding Problem

I think we've run into a few more items in using Keybindings with the GEF palette.

A) The user can define his own templates (Tools), and needs to be able to assign a keybinding for it.  But, commands currently must be defined in the plugin.xml file.  This is not possible.  The number and IDs for the commands are unknown at development time.  So we need programmatic ways to define new commands.

B) The palette has a customizer dialog which allows its contents to be modified.  It would make sense to allow the user to remap the keybindings in this dialog, and not just in the global workbench preference page.  Any thoughts on allowing this?

-Randy

Back to the top