Re: [platform-ui-dev] How To Expand Property Sheet By Default

Zenil,

I'm not sure whether GEF editors provide their own property page
implementation (IPropertySheetPage), but the default PropertySheetPage
implementation or any implementation that uses PropertySheetViewer should
automatically expand all top-level categories except Misc.

To see this, you can load the org.eclipse.ui.examples.propertysheet
example, run your target, show the Properties view, create a .usr file,
and select one of the people entries in the Outline view.
If this works the way you expect, I suggest filing a problem report
against GEF.

HTH,
Nick

"Zenil" <zenil123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/02/2004 11:26 PM
Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-ui-dev] How To Expand Property Sheet By Default

Hi All,

I have tried the newsgroups had have not been able to get any answer to
this problem..How to expand property sheet by default??
Is there a clean way to tell the property sheet that on focus gained, the
items in the property sheet should be expanded.

I have several cases where i require this behaviour:

a)I have implemented a GEF Editor,on any action i perform some validations
and show error markers in the outline view as well as property sheet.Now
in order to see these markers,i have to go to property sheet and expand
it.(The property sheet has categories nad several subitems in the form of
a tree.)

b)Since my properties are in a tree structure,i would like to keep them
expanded.As of now ,if click on an elementA,expand all the
properties,click on elementB,come back to ElementA,all the expanded
properties are collapsed..The behavior i am looking for is anytime i click
on an element,i get a propertysheet with its elements expanded by default.

Thanks for any suggestions..

Rgds,
Zenil

Back to the top