[platform-ui-dev] Key Binding Problem

Hello UI team,
I've been working on the Inspect and Display actions for debug a lot lately and have encountered a problem that I cannot find a work-around for.
You've probably noticed that the "Display" and "Inspect" actions use pop-ups now. Last week I week I was working on creating a key binding to dismiss the popup to allow for user configurability, but also to prevent some focus issues that we were having before we started using key bindings.
Because the new key binding that we created only needed to be active when the popup was actually visible, and because we wanted the user to be able to map "Enter" to the command to dismiss the popup, we created a new org.eclipse.debug.ui.debugging.popups context for our command. When the popup becomes visible, we enable the context and register our action with KeyBindingService. Once the action is registered we want to set a label on the popup that says something like "Press XXX to Move to Display View." Our problem is that the CommandManager doesn't actually updateCommands() right away. This means that the KeyBindingSequence isn't available when our popup become visible and we are forced to change the Label while the popup is visible (we're doing this with a CommandListener right now).
Is there anyway to get the KeyBindingSequences from the command sooner? Or is there a way to force the CommandManager to update our command so that we can get the KeySequenceBinding from it before the popup is visible?

Kevin

Back to the top