[platform-ui-dev] Using Activities for Basic and Advanced mode.

I'm new to Eclipse, so forgive me if this isn't the right place to post
this question...

We need a way for our Perspective in Eclipse to have different modes
(ie. basic, intermediate, advanced). I'm wondering if Activities in the
3.0 platform will give us the functionality that we need. It appears
that they will, but I'm not finding a whole lot of information on them.
I have a few questions about Activities...

1) Are Activities the right way to implement the different user modes?
2) Are there any examples of Activities setup and working?
3) We are coding our perspective now, what design considerations need
to be made to use Activities when they are fully implemented?

Thanks!

Ryan Cox
http://www.novell.com

Back to the top