Re: [platform-ui-dev] Lingering tooltips

Lately I've been getting the lingering tooltips on the GTK version of Eclipse 2.1.2 on Linux, but I've seen it on Windows too.

Seems like this has been filed as bugs 6029, 20987, and 36477.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

-Ted

Chris Laffra wrote:

Just FYI....

I see them also, on any popup. Usually after using eclipse for a couple of days. Not restricted to eclipse though (also on Notes). Windows shows popups by drawing them in 2 stages (it seems). First half transparent, then the full thing. It is the
half-transparent one that lingers on in my case...

Might be a Windows-out-of-resources issue? It never happened until I started using eclipse heavily.

Chris

	*Nick Edgar/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA*
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/12/2004 09:59 AM
Please respond to platform-ui-dev

To: platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx cc: Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] Lingering tooltips

Does this occur when getting tooltips in the Java editors, or for other
parts of the Workbench?
If it's the former, please enter a bug report against JDT-Text.  If the
latter, against Platform-UI.
Please include details about which Eclipse build, and which platform and
VM you're running on.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi

Thanks,
Nick

Ted Weatherly <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/09/2004 04:11 PM
Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-ui-dev] Lingering tooltips

After I use Eclipse for a while, the tooltips start to linger around.
Like, I'll be in Eclipse and view a tooltip, switch to another app, and
the tooltip with still continue to show, even when Eclipse isn't in the
foreground.  The tooltip will linger even when I visit other files
within Eclipse.  Is this known?  Is there a fix?

-Ted