RE: [platform-ui-dev] welcome screen renderer component

Hey Nick,

Naturally I was wondering the same thing as Luiz :) Addition of
HTML-like forms and widgets as public api would be a great addition to
eclipse platform.

IMHO they look amazing. Hiding and locking them down exclusively in the
context of PDE would be a waste of valueable work.

The current code is in org.eclipse.pde.ui.internal, right? So it is not public
API but one can still use it under cpl, it is just a nightmare I guess -
changes every minor release...

PDE forms and widgets can be used as HTML widgets in a planned HTML [1]
widget, can't they? I hope that you are shooting in that direction....

Best regards,
Vladimir

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_project_plan_2_2.html

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Luiz Marcelo wrote:
> "The PDE support is currently internal to PDE (no public API)."
>
> Will it be a public API some day?

Back to the top