Re: [platform-ui-dev] M5 JFace dependencies

Ron,

JFace was dependent on org.eclipse.runtime in 2.0.  We tried removing that dependency in 2.1 by moving any JFace classes that made reference to o.e.r up into the workbench plug-ins as extensions (i.e. keeping the same package names as before).  But the net effect of this was to move many of the useful bits of JFace out of the JFace plugin, defeating the purpose.
We have backed out of this attempt.

If you want to use JFace standalone, you will need to copy the relevant classes from o.e.r.

Nick

Ron Baldwin <ron.baldwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/19/03 01:20 AM