Re: [platform-ui-dev] Preference pages in 2.1 harder to read than 2.0

Yes Randy this was done for accessibility purposes - Jaws 4.0 does not
always return the result of a call to IAccessible but it does get group
boxes consistently. Readable labels are not the issue here - for a
screenreader to determine that a text is associated with a widget it
checks for one odf two things

1) It is a label and a sibling of the associated widget on the same line
2) It is some sort of labelled parent.

A readable CLabel does not solve the issue of title for radio groups etc.

Tod

Randy Hudson/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/12/2003 11:29 AM