Re: [platform-ui-dev] o.e.ui.tests: what's automagic?

Thomas L Roche <tlroche@xxxxxxxxxx> Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:08:29 -0500
>> I'm interested in seeing SWT/JFace have the same level of GUI test
>> automation that AWT/Swing currently has (using JUnit-integrated,
>> click-coordinate-independent packages such as Abbot and JFCUnit).

<snip>

Nick_Edgar@xxxxxxxxxx Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:15:58 -0500
> Generally our automated test suites just test APIs and whether
> things like showing views, running actions, opening wizards and
> dialogs etc. run correctly. Of course, there is often some non-UI
> work going on behind the glass, which the tests cover as well, e.g.
> import/export.

> There is no automation of user-level interaction (i.e. clicks and
> keypresses).

<sigh/>

> I'd be interested in hearing about any potential improvements you
> can offer in this area.

Briefly, for further reference

* the Abbot and JFCUnit folks have discussed extensions to cover SWT
  on java-gui-testing: see

* I have distilled the discussions into

  http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=790404&forum_id=168263

* some work in this direction has been done in