Re: [platform-ui-dev] org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart and clipboard actions

Michael, questions about the use of Eclipse and its APIs should be
directed to the eclipse.tools newsgroup in the future, where there is a
larger audience who can help you.
The *-dev mailing lists are for discussions on the development of Eclipse
itself.

The multipage editor example (org.eclipse.ui.examples.multipageeditor)
illustrates how to do this properly.
See the code here and here.

To run the MPE example:
- download the examples from the regular download page
- extract the org.eclipse.ui.examples.multipageeditor plugin into your
plugins directory
- run eclipse
- create a Test.mpe file

The EditorActionBarContributor for the multi-page editor (which must be
specified in the XML for the editor) must handle all coordination of
actions when switching pages.  Basically you need to subclass
MultiPageEditorActionBarContributor, specify this subclass as the action
bar contributor in the XML, and in the setActivePage(IEditorPart) method,
ensure that you hook/unhook the global actions appropriately.

HTH,
Nick

"Richards, Michael" <Michael.Richards@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx