Re: [platform-ui-dev] getTooltipText() on IEditorReference

Jared,

There is no guarantee that the tool tip corresponds to a full path.  The
problem here is that editors and editor inputs are so generic that they
may not even correspond to a resource.
Several implementations of IEditorInput in the SDK just answer the simple
name for the tool tip.

We should check our use of this to ensure that we handle this properly,
and we should consider extending editor inputs to support the notion of
path (but being careful not to introduce any assumptions that the input is
an IResource).

Nick

Jared Burns <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx