[platform-ui-dev] getTooltipText() on IEditorReference

Hola.

I noticed that the UI team's implementation of the Editors view has a
preference to "Show full name" of an editor. The implementation of this
feature returns IEditorReference#getTitleToolTip() as the label.

Are all implementers of IEditorPart expected to return something that
corresponds to a "full name" in their tooltip? If so, should this be added to
the API?

I ask because I considered using the tooltip this way a while back but I
decided not to because I didn't see anything in the JavaDoc to guarantee that
displaying the tooltip as a label would always make sense. If the tooltip is
considered valid, I'd be happy to use it.

Thanks,
- Jared

Back to the top