Re[2]: [platform-ui-dev] 2.1 M4 Plan posted

(Answers inlined)

> Well, actually, you're right -- we don't like the editors dialog too much.
>  We feel it is too modal, too hidden, and too difficult to get at for
> mouse users.
> However, it has been hard to replace, since it does provide functionality
> not available elsewhere.

> It would be interesting to know which features of the current editors
> dialog you find most useful.  Do you use it just for switching, or do you
> make use of some of the other features.

I use it both for switching, and for closing the other editors that I have
open (when I'm going to selectively close a large number of editors).
Personally, I find the ability to Select Clean Editors and Invert Selection
(at the click of a button) to be very useful.  I've never actually used the
Save Selected Editors function -- I tend to do that from the editor itself.

> Is being able to see the full path important?

Not always, but it's useful when I have multiple files with the same name
opened up...

> We're hoping that the editors drop-down will provide equivalent
> functionality.
<snip>

The added functionality sounds great, and the ability to toggle paths is
perfect. :-)

> We're still facing a couple of issues with the drop-down though.  Unlike
> the editors dialog, it will not be able to show editors across all
> windows.  And we're debating how it should work when you have two editor
> workbooks.  Each workbook will have the drop-down (in the same way that
> each workbook has tabs).  Should it show only the editors for the single
>  workbook, or for all editors in the window?

What's a workbook?