Re: [platform-ui-dev] 2.1 M4 Plan posted

Has there been any consideration in making Stacked Views look more like (see attachment)?

Marco Qualizza <mqualizza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/26/2002 10:59 AM
Please respond to platform-ui-dev

        To:        Nick Edgar <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] 2.1 M4 Plan posted

So, once again, we're going to lose the editors dialog.  *grin* You guys
really don't like that thing, do you?  I mean, this is the second time that
you've killed it off.  What's going to replace the functionality offered by
the dialog?

> The plan for 2.1 Milestone 4 (Dec. 13) has been posted to the Platform UI
> team page:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-ui-home/main.html

> 2.1 Development Effort - Milestone 4 (December 13, 2002)
> Performance improvement, with a focus on startup time, space usage, and
> scalability.
> See PRs tagged with performance keyword and milestone 2.1 M4.
> Bug fixing - address P1 and P2 PRs
> Improvements to editor management (dealing with many open editors)
> add drop-down to the right of the tabs, showing all open editors
> drop-down replaces editors dialog
> drop-down has key binding (Ctrl+Shift+W)
> preference for amount of tab compression (none, low, medium, high)
> preference for tabs in single row vs. multiple
> preference for number of tabs visible (shows most recently used N)
> editors view, having same look and feel as the drop-down except in a view
> Refinement of UI for customizable keybindings
> UI changes for Flexible Project Structure (see the Core docs)
> Improvements to ordering and order stability in action sets (bugs 16282 and 18357)
> Preference to bring Tasks view to front when new problems found (bug 2066)
> Experimental work items (may not surface in the milestone build):
> Table of contents in wizards
> Investigate lazy update of views (bug 27084)
> Dropped items:
> Floating views (from M3). This investigation is paired with the work on
> cheat sheets, which has been defered until after 2.1.

> Nick

    "Cogito, ergo es."
    "I think, therefore you are."
         - Marco Qualizza

    "You know you can't make a valid conclusion with one premise."
         - Martin Barnes

   Insurance-Engine.
   (613) 234-2426x226