From: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Guiraud, Laurent
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 10:35 AM
To: platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [platform-ui-dev] 2.1.M3 , some wishes

Hi Dev men,

may be some of the questions I ask here are not relevant for this mailing list, but  ...

I'm using eclipse 2.1M3, and would like to comment/propose new features:

The introduction of key bindings is really cool. I missed it from the beginning. The only drawback is that not all keys are customizable, I hope this is coming. Regarding comments on the build notes it seems to .I actually would like to have Alt+space, F1...F12, and so on. and be able to redefine debug keys. It also requires that debug actions appear. It's always the same you have some habits that are very hard to kill;-)

Another point is the "inline indentation" a la emacs like it is now provided by JB7 for those who tried. This is really missing at the moment and I don't know if this is targeted for 2.1.

incremental search like JB/emacs that goes back to the beginning of the page when it reached the end ... and also the ability to do it on the current mouse selection.

Mouse selection that allows to select the line, including the line feed. This allows to duplicate a line far faster than any other technic.

Deselection when copying data to clipboard.

The latter for now is the ability to quickly make a kind of grep in the current file on the selection. (may be this exists but ...)

BTW thanks to all of you for you great job.

Happy Coding,

Laurent

Back to the top