[platform-ui-dev] Relationship of IWorkbenchWindow and IWorkbenchPage

Hi,

I am a little confused about the relationship of IWorkbenchWindow, IWorkbenchPage and perspective and together with views.

From the document "Using Perspectives in the Eclipse UI", it seemed that once user invoke open perspective, a new IWorkbenchPage will be created. Normally my eclipse window will have mutliple perspective, so that means in a window there will have multiple IWorkbenchPage. The javadoc for IWorkbenchPage says "views and editors are contained wholly within the page and are not shared with other pages", but it seemed that the views in different perspective are really the same view.

Also, I tried the following, inserting a line to the setFocus() function of one of my editor,

System.out.println(this.getSite().getPage().toString())

and when I switch between perspectives, I get the same output.
This seemed to mean the editor in different perspective is using the same IWorkbenchPage. And conflict with the article "Using Perspectives in the Eclipse UI".

So I am confused, can anyone do some help?

thanks

jml

Back to the top