Re: [platform-ui-dev] Eclipse 2.0 startup processing (Eclipse F3)

This is not the expected behaviour. The -feature command line option should
override the default primary feature specified in the install.ini. The
splash screen, branding images, about info, etc. should all come from the
primary feature.

Please enter a bug report and we will investigate.

Thanks, Jim des Rivieres

                      "Ramaswamy, Vishy"
                      <vramaswa@xxxxxxxxxxxx         To:      platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      >                              cc:
                      Sent by:                       Subject: [platform-ui-dev] Eclipse 2.0 startup processing (Eclipse F3)
                      platform-ui-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      06/20/2002 10:25 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ui-dev

Hi,
I have been working with the Eclipse F3 drop and wanted to confirm the
behaviour of the -feature command line option.

*            I installed the F3 drop and noticed that the
org.eclipse.platform
was the default primary feature. The install.ini file was was also
indicating the same.
*            Then I added my feature and made it a primary feature as well
in the
feature.xml file.
*            Then I created a launcher executable with the -feature command
line
option pointing to my feature.
*            I noticed that the only product customization I was able to
achieve
was the splash screen. The shell was not picking up my customized Window
icon (about.ini), welcome page (about.ini), the default perspective
(plugin_customization.ini) etc..
*            When I changed the install.ini file to use my feature as the
default
primary feature then all my customizations were handled.

Is this the expected behaviour?

If so, it means that multiple personalized launch points sharing the same
install cannot fully customize the shell (or am i missing something).

Vishy