[platform-ui-dev] CoolBarManager implementation incomplete in F2

What is the status of the CoolBarManager implementation? I am working on a plug-in that makes dynamic contributions to the workbench window toolbar and with the F2 drop, it throws Asserts like crazy. I get an object that implements IToolBarManager but when I call IToolBarManager.add( IContributionItem ), an assert is thrown in CoolBarManager because the item I am trying to contribute is not an instance of CoolBarContributionItem (an internal class) but does implement IContributionItem.

In looking at the code in CoolBarManager, there is virtually no code (only asserts) for the methods add(IAction) and addToGroup(...).

In the WorkbenchWindow constructor, the preference "ENABLE_COOL_BARS" is set to "true", causing the CoolBarManager to be created instead of the jface ToolBarManager. This preference is actually defined in WorkbenchPlugin.initializeDefaultPreferences(), but is commented as being temporary.

How do I contribute items to the CoolBarManager?

Back to the top