[platform-ui-dev] Platform UI test plan

Here are the areas I would like us to focus on.

As tempting as it is to fix bugs as they come in, we need to get a good
solid 3 days of testing in.  Next week will be a fix pass.
(see http://eclipse.org/eclipse/freeze_plan_2_0.html)

Also, the SWT test plan has some good notes on overall testing mindset:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/SWT_R2_0_Test_Plan.html

For your particular areas, please test on both Windows and Linux if
possible.
Adam and Tod, I've asked you to focus on Linux in particular.

Please let me know if I have missed any obvious areas, or if you have any
issues with the suggested areas below.
And, if you run out of things to test, just let me know <g>.

Adam
- cut/copy/paste everywhere (views, editors, pref. pages, wizards,
dialogs, etc)
- drag and drop for move and copy, including to/from filesystem
- consistency between cut/copy/paste and drag and drop
- external tools / Ant integration
- Linux/Motif testing

Chris
- Navigator view
- Tasks view
- Bookmarks view
- all actions / features for the above
- check enablement of global actions

Eduardo
- layout
- fast views
- zooming
- editor area / editor workbooks
- editor reuse
- perspective switching
- multiple windows / Window > New Window
- pref for opening perspective in new window
- save/restore UI state, including view state and which views are fast
- views in never activated perspectives

Kai
- text editor and Java editors

Kevin H
- performance testing
- memory consumption and leak testing
- emacs emulation

Knut
- StyledText "pride" testing (as per SWT test plan)
- R1.0 workspace compatibility
- Workbench preference pages (incl. Build Order)
- end-to-end testing

Nick
- PR triage and random testing

Lynne
- StyledText "pride" testing (as per SWT test plan)
- Coolbars
  - need to test changes on Linux
  - must be able to tab to all items
- end-to-end testing

Randy
- action contributions, including:
  - action sets
  - object contributions (incl. resource adapters)
  - part/action set associations
  - view contributions, editor contributions
  - contributions to nested pages
  - task list menu contributions
- Outline view
- Properties view

Ryan
- basic new project and item wizards
- Import / Export wizards (file system, zip, import project)

Tod
- accessibility (Windows and Motif)
- NL issues from plan and todo list
- encoding support