Re: [platform-ui-dev] Re: Proposed accelerator change: using Ctrl+Shift+B for build

This will not happen for R2.0. Feel free to post a feature request against
SWT for consideration for R3.0

McQ.

                      stori@xxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                       To:      platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-ui-dev-admin@         cc:
                      eclipse.org                    Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] Re: Proposed accelerator change: using Ctrl+Shift+B for
                                                     build

                      05/16/02 03:52 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ui-dev

Nick wrote:

> Ideally the editor could define Ctrl+B for bold, and that would have
> precedence over any global shortcut when in that editor.
> However, the current keybindings support does not allow this.  SWT always

> processes accelerators first, so the editor would never see it.

I  c o n c u r ! ! !

I've asked for this myself (in other posts).  AWT/Swing also first lets a
window handle its own keys, and only processes (mnemonics resolution, etc.)
what's not been consumed.  Should perhaps a request be opened for this
(given that there are any chances to get it actually implemented)?