Re: [platform-ui-dev] Editor tabs

Jay,

The arrow buttons have not gone away entirely, they just don't appear as
soon.  We've actually reverted to the v1 behaviour on this.
In addition, in the next integration build, the tabs will remain
compressed even when the arrows appear.

Making the tab for the active editor be full sized would take space away
from the other tabs, and cause dynamic relayout of the tabs when switching
between editors.
Also, you usually know the name of the current file.  It's the name of
other files that you usually need to discover.
The tooltip is not great for this, however I think that reducing the delay
to 0 would be too distracting for when the name is fully visible, or when
you can determine the name when compressed, and just want to switch.  In
any case, the tooltip delay is not something we have control over unless
we emulate our own tooltip support, which is not a good idea.
It may help if we can eliminate the tooltip delay when hovering over
different tabs, once the tooltip has already appeared.
I'll see if this is possible.

Nick

"Jay Cagle" <jcagle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx