Re: [platform-ui-dev] The "Team" team is on longer sponsered by the letter "T"

>>> For accelerators, it looks something like this:
>>> - never use Alt+{key} combinations since they conflict with main menus
and mnemonics in dialogs

I still believe a view's own accelerators (e.g., Alt+<letter>) should take
precedence in processing before any Eclipse <letter>-mnemonic-ed top level
menus (and, perhaps, other global Eclipse accelerators).  Both emacs and
brief editors, for example, use several Alt+<letter> keys.  It's
frustrating that these should be rendered inoperative by a mnemonic on the
top-level menu of a plugin that happens to be installed, or even other
(global) Eclipse top-level menu mnemonics or accelerators.  I know the
key-binding changes are supposed to fix some of these problems (hopefully
via the API as well, not only hard-coded in plugin.xmls), but *giving
priority to a view that has focus to process the keys it wants* is
needed...

Back to the top