Re: [platform-ui-dev] Browser-like navigation in Eclipse UI?

Cagatay,

Thanks for providing us with your plugin to evaluate.

An editor navigation history is a feature we would very much like to add,
but is not currently on the plan for 2.0, so it would be nice if you could
contribute such a feature.
I will evaluate Nox and get back to you.

One thing to keep in mind is that anything which goes into the general
Workbench (org.eclipse.ui) cannot be Java-specific.
As  you suggest below, though, the editor history is more general than
just for .java files.

Another issue to keep in mind is accessibility.  Toolbar buttons or
dropdowns are not very accessible to people who cannot use a mouse.
Navigation actions would probably be used frequently enough to warrant
shortcut keys anyway (I'd really like to map it to the back/forward
buttons on my mouse too).

Regards,
Nick

"Cagatay Kavukcuoglu" <cagatayk@xxxxxxx>