RE: [platform-ui-dev] Browser-like navigation in Eclipse UI?

I agree that a useful implementation doesn't have much of a chance to
make the 2.0 release date. This is true especially so since I believe
that in order to implement workbench-wide navigation support, there
should be a way to open editors on IAdaptable instances (like
IWorkbenchPage.openEditor(IAdaptable) maybe?) and a generic way to
create editor inputs (see also bug# 5687).

To be useful, this would require participation from other plugins that
currently expose their own ways of opening editors and revealing
selections for model objects (You will notice that the adapter
implementation for Java elements in nox.browser plugin is dependent on
JDT UI internals to create compilation unit and classfile editor
inputs).

Frankly, I'm torn between wanting to maintain a patch that implements
navigation until the platform UI team is ready to take a look or work on
the browser plugin until 2.0 release. So I'll do them both;-)). I guess
I better start figuring out how to do vendor branches in CVS now...

--CK.