[platform-ua-dev] Questions about context-sensitive help

Hi,
the following comments/questions are based on Eclipse 3.3.1.

1) is it possible to link a topic from an intro extension file, by using the context id of the topic, instead of its url?
ie, provided the "Workbench User Guide> Concepts> Team programming with CVS" topic had a context id, what would be the equivalent of:
http://org.eclipse.ui.intro/showHelpTopic?id=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/concepts/concepts-26.htm

2) the "Cheat Sheet Content File XML Format" topic mentions a contextId attribute for the  and  elements. However, I can't get it to work.
Here's what I tried:
- replaced
 nothing happened: did I do something wrong?

3) the org.eclipse.help.standalone.Help.displayContext(String, int, int) method doesn't seem to do anything: is that normal?

Thanks for your help,
Pierre
Découvrez le blog Messenger Le Meilleur du Web : toutes les vidéos qui buzzent le plus sur Internet !
http://meilleurduweb.spaces.live.com/

Back to the top