[platform-ua-dev] accessing embedded browser in an RCP help app

Hi there,
Wondering if someone here has run into the problem that I'm facing...
We've got an RCP app whose sole purpose is delivery of 'Online Help' via a
CDROM. The entire app is composed of a single plugin (the RCP app) which
depends on all of our existing user.doc plugins.

The RCP app starts up with essentially an empty workbench (we hide the
window, so it appears headless) and simply opens the system help which in
turn loads our doc plugins. ie -

      //start up the help system to display the help content
      IWorkbenchHelpSystem helpSystem;
            helpSystem = PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getHelpSystem();
            helpSystem.displayHelp();

The problem is that, once the help window is opened, and the user
subsequently closes it, the workbench (javaw) process is of course left
running.
Since this is product is delivered pretty much exclusively to windows
users, thus we can be relatively certain that it's going to use the
embedded swt browser, I'm wondering if there's a way to access the embedded
swt browser programmatically to add a window close listener which will
close the workbench as well? The desired result is that I want the action
of closing the help browser window to make the help system exit cleanly.

Anybody got any suggestions? If there's a better way to accomplish what I'm
talking about, feel free to recommend an alternate method - I'm still
getting the feel for eclipse, so I'm sure there's LOTS of places where I've
yet to scratch the surface ;)

Thanks,
Todd

Todd Lee
Software Tools
AMI Semiconductor
Tel:  +1.519.884.9696 ext 2242
Fax: +1.519.884.0228
E-mail: todd_lee@xxxxxxxx

AMI Semiconductor - "Silicon Solutions for the Real World"
NOTICE:
This electronic message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the copy you received.

Back to the top