Re: [platform-ua-dev] Customizing header+footer on Infocenter print-outs--is this configurable?

Hi Todd,

My comments below..

1. Is there a way to customize the header and footer on printouts from Infocenter?  I can't find anything remotely related in the help system, and have not received any responses to this question from the Newsgroups in over a month.  Where is the header/footer content declared, and can it be customized?
- I'm guessing you're referring to the document title, url, page number, and date/time ? This actually comes from the web browser. You will need to change these options in your browser, or try a different browser.

AND, while I have your attention, here are two other issues that I can't get responses to from the Newsgroups (and the help is "no help"):

2. Infocenter doesn't seem to "obey" my baseTOCS setting.  It works fine locally, but not server-side. Any thoughts?
- Sounds like you may have specified the baseTOCS for one product but infocenter is running another. I believe the infocenter uses the default product listed in the config.ini; same product you would get if you just launched eclipse. I would recommend defining your own product then specifying whatever help options you want in the plugin_customization.ini, the same way the eclipse SDK does.

3. How to change the branding (other than "Eclise SDK")? A good samaritan on the Newsgroup said to "make a new product config", but I'm simply harnessing the Infocenter, not building a new product. Any help on this would be huge! :)
- The samaritan was right. All the branding is done at the product level. Have a look at the org.eclipse.sdk plugin to see an example of how this is done. For the specific things you can brand, you can change the home page you get when you open help, you can add a banner at the top, you have some control over which books show up in the TOC, etc. For the full list see http://help.eclipse.org/help32/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/ua_help_setup_preferences.htm

Curt

Todd Rose <rogue.writer@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

18/09/2006 04:45 PM

[...]