Re: [platform-ua-dev] Hiding content in universal intro

Gunnar,

You can use 'Welcome' preferences to customize your UW experience. You can
drag all the extensions you don't want to be seen into 'Available' list on
each page. When you save the layout into 'introData.xml', you will notice
that these extensions will be marked as 'hidden'.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Development 1A
D1/R0Q/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4850

             Gunnar
             Wagenknecht
             <gunnar@wagenknec                                          To
             ht.org>                   platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-ua-dev-b
             ounces@xxxxxxxxxx                                     Subject
             g                         [platform-ua-dev] Hiding content in
                                       universal intro

             04/18/2006 11:25
             PM

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse Platform
              User Assistance
                 component
             developers list."
             <platform-ua-dev@
               eclipse.org>

Hi!

I've created a corporate SDK for our company. This is based on Eclipse
with a few extra plug-ins and our own product. I'm also using the new
universal intro support and contributed an extension on the turotials page.

I'm now looking for a way to hide the PDE extensions. If I leave them
out in the introData.xml (which defines the initial layout) then they
will be added to the default position.

Shouldn't the universal intro hide stuff that is not visible due to
disabled capabilities or is there another way to hide the PDE content?

CU, Gunnar
--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx