Re: [platform-text-dev] Build Script

I'm aware eclipse is huge, I guess what I'm looking for is what the typical development environment looks like for someone doing work on the eclipse project. I realize it doesn't make sense to build the whole project from source, only the parts that are being modified need to be in source. What I have not found anywhere on the eclipse site, is a good developer quick start. There is nothing that tells  you how to pull down the code and get a build running. I would really benefit from anything like that if it exists. I'm basically looking to add some block editing features that I think we be a pretty great addition to eclipse and I wanted to play around a little bit to get an idea on how hard it would be to add.

-Rob

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I wanted to checkout the latest eclipse source
What exactly. Eclipse is huge.

Dani

            "Rob Bercik"
            <rob.bercik@gmail
            .com>                                                      To
            Sent by:                  platform-text-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
            platform-text-dev                                          cc
            -bounces@eclipse.
            org                                                   Subject
                                      [platform-text-dev] Build Script

            24.06.2008 21:13

            Please respond to
            rob.bercik@gmail.
               com; Please
               respond to
            Eclipse Platform
             Text component
             developers list
            <platform-text-de
             v@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I'm a pretty experienced java developer and I've actually done some
RCP programming in the past. I wanted to checkout the latest eclipse
source and do a build to try my hand at adding a couple simple
features . Is there a build script(maven hopefully) that will download
all of the components i need to get a working dev environment up and
running? Thanks in advance.

-Rob