[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [platform-text-dev] Build Script
- From: "Rob Bercik" <rob.bercik@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:52:35 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=cXsEJWSFi/Az93FYpFKE7z4zoq28hZm0zgqJfMb62kQ=; b=rk6O17tg/jT3LsW+N2OvdYt4YcWRMCx0lQHPSBNAiOq19vD6JYj+DeM3ijYIMmQWyj xedSQPjvr6Q3BnMfUR1Fqyer5Ulk/0fi3tXX8rWZKv4DyKYYIPI+k5yYS5GT1RThl/Kk /donhXAWC88KUc9VC5WkWGmDNtzsA6R6NGybg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to :mime-version:content-type:references; b=uvRt0AKOOwzTtyPhEP+r5wLJSVZUfsEc+7V9CNKhd8aM/JCawBazJd8pdknhQxMLCj uhm11TWlYtnAsXfcCk/xQIofXCoQnNXyKPvttqY2alYP70p3fECofGIINw7CWhvVXvus svtSTL49g8wHOC/DxJJNSNS5y5Qw6F3gst1hk=
I'm aware eclipse is huge, I guess what I'm looking for is what the typical development environment looks like for someone doing work on the eclipse project. I realize it doesn't make sense to build the whole project from source, only the parts that are being modified need to be in source. What I have not found anywhere on the eclipse site, is a good developer quick start. There is nothing that tells you how to pull down the code and get a build running. I would really benefit from anything like that if it exists. I'm basically looking to add some block editing features that I think we be a pretty great addition to eclipse and I wanted to play around a little bit to get an idea on how hard it would be to add.
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx
>I wanted to checkout the latest eclipse sourceWhat exactly. Eclipse is huge.
Sent by: platform-text-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
[platform-text-dev] Build Script
Please respond to
I'm a pretty experienced java developer and I've actually done some
RCP programming in the past. I wanted to checkout the latest eclipse
source and do a build to try my hand at adding a couple simple
features . Is there a build script(maven hopefully) that will download
all of the components i need to get a working dev environment up and
running? Thanks in advance.
platform-text-dev mailing list