[platform-text-dev] Is this doable OR Should I request a feature

Hi all,

I have asked this question in the newsgroup but I am not sure if I might get a reply from there as this is somewhat a different type of question.
I like to make the JavaEditor readonly and then at the same time want to
enter text into the same editor.It sounds crazy but let me explain.

This will happen in a  distributed environment with two programmers
working on the same file from remote location.If userA make the editor
readonly of userB then userA has to enter the text has is entering in his editor,that same text has to be shown on the editor of userB. Is there a way of making the editor readonly(I know how to make a readonly editor)and at the same time entering data into that same editor through some other channel.

IFileEditorInput input
(IFileEditorInput)getActiveEditorPart().getEditorInput();
((IFileEditorInput)input).getFile().setReadOnly(true);

I am trying to use the above method,but have not yet successed in getting an output from it.But like to know in advance if I can get that done.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Syed