Re: [platform-team-dev] Accessing TextMergeViewer Document contents

Max,

There is no API on TextMergeViewer for accessing the documents of the left, right or ancestor. The only access is provided indirectly through the SourceViewerConfiguration that subclasses provide through the configureTextViewer method. If that mechanism does not meet your needs, I would ask you to log an enhancement request against Platform Compare describing your requirments.

Michael

Max Weninger <max.weninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

20/03/2007 06:51 AM

Please respond to
Generic team support framework <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-team-dev] Accessing TextMergeViewer Document contents

Hi

I've been searching for a way to access the actual contents
of the Document contained in a TextMergeViewer (left, right)

I can of course use IMergeViewerContentProvider.getLeftContent to access
the contents from ICompareInput but this is updated only on save.

But I want to access the contents before saving it e.g. during editing.

There is a getContents method and also some getDocument methods
in TextMergeViewer but none of them is accessible from the outside.

Is there another way I didnt found :-)

Thanks

Max

    \
   o/\_          DI Max Weninger (Orgulas Sandybanks)
  <\__,\         Email (max.weninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
   ">.  |
    ` .-|        Jakob-Haringer-Str. 8
       . \       A-5020 Salzburg - AUSTRIA
        . \      Tel: +43 662 4579150 - Fax: +43 662 4579156
        .-|