Re: [platform-team-dev] FTP Synchronize - some problems

Hello Michael,

Thank you very much for that tip!
Am I being dense, or could I have easily found that information in the documentation or using goolge?
I have tried and faild, then.

The worklflow for that, to me, is new. And I hope your not offended, if I say "unintuitive". For me, it would be more logical, if I could update the url to the ftp server in the project's properties dialog.

I still wonder about my second problem.

Phil

You need to perform another FTP>Export and specify the new location when exporting. This new location will override the old one.

Michael

Philipp Ringli <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/14/2005 02:33 PM

Please respond to
 Generic team support framework

platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject
[platform-team-dev] FTP Synchronize - some problems

Hello everybody,

 1)
 I have spent hours, looking for information on how to edit the ftp
 settings for a project.
 There are no preferences to specify things like:

 ftp://site.com/syncdir/

 In my case, I need to change the remote directory the project is
 synching to.

 2)
 I seems that eclipse's FTP client cannot recursively delete remote
 directories (if they are not empty).
 This makes synchronization simply impossible.

 Any enlightenment is warmly welcome. ;)

 Cheers,
 Phil