RE: [platform-team-dev] How to handle resource changes in validateEdit?

At least the modification timestamp of the files changes on every checkout. The content should not change always but I have more problems if I don't perform a IFile#refreshLocal after every checkout (for example, every editor prompts during auto-checkout because the file has changed on the file system).

Gunnar

From: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Valenta
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 3:23 PM
To: platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [platform-team-dev] How to handle resource changes in validateEdit?

Gunnar,

How is the file modifed during the checkout? Are the contents actually changed?  Does the checkout always result in a content change or only in the case where another user has changed the same file? If the file contents has actually changed and it only happens infrequently, I think you would want to veto the refactoring operation anyway since the refactoring may have depended on the previous contents of the file.

Michael

"Gunnar Wagenknecht" <G.Wagenknecht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

21/09/2004 06:08 AM

Please respond to
platform-team-dev

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-team-dev] How to handle resource changes in validateEdit?

Hi!

We have a problem with developing out Team provider for the ClearCase
plugin. What is the official guideline for resource changes duringin an
validateEdit/validateSave?

Currently I checkout the file from ClearCase and perfom and
IFile#refreshLocal(IResource.DEPTH_ZERO, null) after this because the
files was modified during checkout.

This behavior breaks refactoring operations. Any ideas?

Cu, Gunnar