Re: [platform-swt-dev] CSS theming vs Chromium embed

>> Regarding SWT Chromium - there are constraints that downloading Eclipse SWT components should work out of the box without requireing installing additional software and Chromium is not available on any OS by default.
>
> I would like to point out that this is entirely a self-imposed constraint, and could be modified if desired. SWT first shipped 15 years ago. Perhaps circumstances have changed.

I was wondering about that too. Any app that is based on Electron does not require installation of Chromium or Node.js. It just includes it. Chromium itself is New BSD. Wikipedia says that some parts are LGPL. I don't know if those are required for embedding Chromium in an SWT AddOn.

-Gunnar

Back to the top