[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Adobe Air UI for SWT? or Similar
- From: Scott Kovatch <skovatch.swt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:36:50 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:content-type:mime-version :subject:from:in-reply-to:date:content-transfer-encoding:message-id :references:to:x-mailer; bh=EKtwEQj9qnW7ZsX2U5o0f+ld/JSunjRRPID8LkKnZzM=; b=xT5z2OJbNJsXQLLHIpHrMYVNjahOob44e5n8/CcUPRX83cazf3enQR5L3CHOTie6py wVz1TbXtWbv23KJSd3D1xkBOAwzCs2gjjF44XRH6uCmAwd32U+WmCkFJcGFcBcOsw2wd KOgCRWaPy1g+UdTgPo4YhlhFRehObh8FPqAwg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; b=jRpgj/QI6th/uSNqAgDei5fIdECbWSiBLkawjctzIGqSLu5Yhok3yGATalM1eGo2nd dvm4us+nwtz00WqYAlDPsTfMhUq1WIVbZ0iyIlw5fzKgozqsHC/ds63HeJs7WOVFQpud Ivhg/CW5Qo7H090luPznjf+fmQxj8mMH8NbUM=
On Aug 5, 2010, at 6:59 PM, Andrew Sealy-Bell wrote:
> I would like to build a Java app. that has nice UI very similar to an Adobe Air UI. Does anybody know it something like this is already available or under development? I don't want to switch to SilverLight just to get a UI that is similar..
> Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Flex (and by extension, AIR) has a very distinctive look and feel that doesn't look like any other platform out there, so there will be a lot of work to get your Java UI to look like the AIR UI.
There was a port of the SWT to Flex that was started up last year as a part of the e4 project (SWT Browser Edition), but it was put on hold, and no active development is underway on it. I don't recall how complete it is. It involves cross-compilation of your Java to ActionScript, and then into a SWF.
I believe you can find the project in the e4 CVS repository -- there may be some instructions on how to build it there.
-- Scott K.
Eclipse Platform Team