[platform-swt-dev] Drag cursors in Cocoa

Title: Drag cursors in Cocoa
Hi,

In the Carbon version of SWT, SetThemeCursor is being used to set the cursor for copy, alias, and ‘invalid drag’ situations. In Cocoa we should use something in NSCursor, but oddly, no Cocoa equivalent is available. See this page:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGCursors/chapter_16_section_2.html>

SetThemeCursor isn’t available in 64-bit, however. Could we try to work around this situation by generating the JNI glue for SetThemeCursor and wrap it in a ‘no 64-bit’ ifdef so it becomes a no-op in x86_64? It’s taking away functionality that was there in the Carbon version, but there’s no alternative I can see.

I’m pretty confident that Apple will remedy this in 10.6, as there’s an effort to remove these situations where you have no choice but to use a Carbon API, but obviously that won’t help us here.

Any thoughts?

Scott

Back to the top