[platform-swt-dev] BitTyrant Through VNC

My (remote) Debian machine is a BitTyrant slave. BitTyrant is a BitTorrent app, based on Azureus, which in turn is made with SWT, as I understand.

I reach my Debian machine through a reverse SSH tunnel (irrelevant) via VNC on my MacbookPro. IOW, I have my remote Debian desktop on my Mac's Desktop#3.

I want to run BitTyrant in VNC, but when I start it its window comes up on the remote Debian console, not on my Mac's VNC client. Apparently SWT has different rules about where it's supposed to show up, irrespective of where it's started.

How do I tell an SWT app to show up on the display where it was started?

I would rather use the VNC method for remote connect, as it's already there and secure, and it makes more intuitive sense than one of the remote plugins. But if it's not possible to set a console variable, or config file, or whatever, I'll resort to a plugin.

Back to the top