Re: [platform-swt-dev] Change Cursor on swt.browser

Erich,

Questions like this should be asked on the eclipse.platform.swt newsgroup, not on this list.

I'm not sure which setBrowser API you're referring to, but the Browser widget does not currently allow you to override the cursor or caret of the embedded platform browser.  You can log a Feature Request with Platform - SWT for this if you like, but this may not be supported by the native browsers on all of the platforms.

For an example of hiding a cursor over a control by setting its image to be transparent see new snippet http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/org.eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet242.java .

Grant

"Achilles, Erich" <Erich.Achilles@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/16/2006 04:22 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Change Cursor on swt.browser

Hi,

I have two problems:

1) Changing the default cursor of the swt.browser-widget (using setBrowser ) does not work. Is this a known bug ?

2 ) How can i disable the cursor of the browser-widget  ( or generally of a widget ) ? Instantiating the browser-widget with SWT.CURSOR_NO does not work also.

Background: we have a kiosk-application which is operated by a touch-screen and on the UI we do not want to present a cursor to the customer.

kind regards
Erich Achilles