Re: [platform-swt-dev] setSelection(1) not triggering widgetDefaultSelected event

In SWT, programatically changing the selection does not send an event.  I'll write a FAQ on this one day ...

"Willenbring, Gary V." <GARY.V.WILLENBRING@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/02/2005 09:06 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform SWT component developers list."

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] setSelection(1) not triggering        widgetDefaultSelected event

When I do a

cmd1.setSelection(1)

where cmd1 is a button or radio button the graphical object selection
changes as if the user selected it with the mouse.  However the underlying
event widgetDefaultSelected() is not kicked off as I had expected.  Is this
a bug or a lack of understanding of how this should work on my part?  I was
looking at this for doing some automated user interaction for testing.

Thanks,

Gary