From: platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-swt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Parikh,Pratik
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 2:53 PM
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [platform-swt-dev] Overriding perspective generation

Hi Everyone,

    I have a unique situation, we are trying to extend some of the perspective generation code. Where by to do that we are overriding createWindowContents on WorkbenchWindow.java. But the problem that I am facing while doing that is that I call the super.createWindowContent(shell). And do my extention ui stuff by retrieving the defaultlayout, using something like this shell.getLayout(). Now when I am done overriding stuff everything is added, but the clientarea that was orginally generated by the super class is laying on top of my ui. I looked at the code for WorkbenchWindow#createWindowContent and I want to remove the clientarea that is being genrated by the workbenchwindow#createWindowsContent, before adding my components. Can anyone please guide me in the right direction? Please help ?

Thanks,
Parikh, Pratik

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments
are from Cerner Corporation and are intended
only for the addressee. The information
contained in this message is confidential and
may constitute inside or non-public information
under international, federal, or state
securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the
sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you
may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas
City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.

Back to the top