Re: [platform-swt-dev] JFace resource creation factory

This is not the JFace mailing list - this list is for the people implementing SWT.
Please ask your JFace questions on the JFace newsgroup:

If you have not used the eclipse newsgroups before, please read: http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/index.html

Thanks,
Carolyn

Robert Enyedi <renyedi@xxxxxxxxx>

01/26/2005 01:41 AM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] JFace resource creation factory

Hi,

For a while I've been using the registries from the JFace resource package.
However, it seems to me that what's accomplished there is only halfway. What I
would like is to have a resource factory there that allows the creation of
resources while internally storing them into proper resource registry
instances.

What I'm thinking about is a class with the following interface:

class ResourceFactory{
public Image createImage(...);
public Font createFont(...);
public Color createColor(...);
}

I don't know of such an existing feature in the JFace API. Would this be
useful?

I could provide a sample implementation, although I think it should be pretty
trivial.

Regards,
Robert