Re: [platform-swt-dev] updating a caret without focus

How about showing a 1 character selection?  Of course, inserting text will delete the character.

nosrema@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/18/2005 11:32 PM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] updating a caret without focus

>Not really.  Why don't you use selection instead?

For my context there is no selection but just an insertion point.  I
wanted to be able to show where the current insertion point was on the
TextEditor by showing a caret without it actually having keyboard
focus.  If this isn't currently possible, any hints on how to manually
display an insertion point/caret on a non-focused TextEditor?